Friday, June 10, 2011

Poet Laureate by Bob Atkinson

“Poet Laureate”
(c)2011 Bob Atkinson

deep within the mind becomes
a connection to nature's realm
though I can't see a structure there
I feel the force just the same

life it seems is all around
the block of granite
all of the ground
carries forth the will to live
just as all wild animals did

the butterfly whose wings
signify
the eyes of a large animal
passing by

that the chameleon can change its color
depending upon where it sits
shows the connection clarified
between all of nature's bits and forks

so in my personal quest in life
something for all my own wild side
connected to others who might find
thoughts that try to explain our lives

I give these words which personify
ideas of one who doesn't run
with the pack, no homogenization
although swimming sometimes
for recreation
with the others of my group
with the flow not against the soup
entertains me with a laugh

let these words construct the frame
of a spring board upon which to jump
into the knowing from the unknown
not giving lightly to the norm

No comments:

Post a Comment