Monday, July 16, 2012

Ships, Trains and Planes by Bob Atkinson

Ships, Trains and Planes”

© 2009 Bob Atkinson

Years ago weren't many
adventures I wouldn't do
youth has its own desires
free will has super powers
over you

but wanderlust and bravery
weren't good it seemed
if you didn't have imagination
to travel through your dreams

so I went on the road to see
adventure, love and identity

but ships trains and planes
brought me home
settled me down some
then let me go

again on a whirlwind tour
of rented cars and strange boudoirs
those ships, trains and planes
would bring me home

ships, trains and planes
brought me home
carried me back
where I belonged

set me up and stood me right
here on my doorstep again at night
yes, ships trains and planes
brought me home

Parthenon stood upon the hill
bazaar was busy, full of thrills
green skeleton of Paris was
and always is a thing of awe
Prague's bridge had much to hold
near cobblestone streets of old

in Bavaria there was a town
Munchen clean, subway a dream
clock upon the tower
cross the street
on cobblestones neat
to Jack's sweater shower

ships, trains and planes
brought me home,
carried me back
where I belonged

set me up and stood me right
here on my doorstep again at night
yes, ships trains and planes
brought me home

later, when I no longer roamed
the mind passed over times of old
gave meaning to things we did
when we were hard to hold

and now.....
Ships, trains and planes
left me home
they no longer carry me
away from where I belong

years ago they
set me up and stood me right
here on my doorstep again at night
yes ship, trains and planes
left me home

No comments:

Post a Comment