Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Dance by Bob Atkinson

The Dance
(c)2012 Bob Atkinson

music played emotions swayed
as people danced with lust
forgetting cares of their lives
was worries they had tossed

friend and foe and family
came together as if just one
a night of dancing to the tunes
Henry played his bagpipe songs

take me back to those old days
when beyond trees I wouldn't look
no deepness in my inner feelings
past those of summer breezes

celebration with my peers
those with whom I grew up proud
destroyed feelings of remorse when I
carried sword to the battleground

people here and now with me
are all I care of the living
beyond those hills may be seen
broad, stout horrors brimming

tonight I'll woo my honey
reservations thrown to the winds
forever letting harsh life's trauma
bow down to these good friends

No comments:

Post a Comment