Thursday, April 18, 2013

Winslow - by Bob Atkinson

Winslow
(c)2013 Bob Atkinson

Jackson gave it first life
Frey saw it to the end
both believed in printing pictures
by jumping on the band again

sweet sounds of harmony entangled
loving moments good as wine
preening wings for eagle's flight
somberness blowing old wind chimes

"...running down that road in Winslow..."
searching for a ride to carry home
an always knowing lamp of sparkle
with which talent can evolve, well known

simple pleasured sweetness, brooding
drifting to extremes of heat and dust
for adventures golden in your pocket
hurts given attention by a lover

such caused temptation's evolution
wild gyrations of unspoken dreams
simple pleasures toward feeling good
expressions stuck in moving streams

here the words of masters ring
with wonder of their youth
circling covered wagons under
starlight aggregates within life's soup

try that sense of purpose now
doesn't feel same as moods back then
sense of duty more ingrained these days
better uses for inked blue pens

although one wouldn't know
reasons we couldn't follow home
our goals within us attained fully
years before our dreams outgrown

Winslow knew the memory of love
combined with western storied lore
that sandy sort of process we observe
to which shallowness becomes absorbed


grit, tenacity, our base talents
guts and attitude arranged in lines
without the temperament of age
unknown, which path is yours or mine

not adverse to risking failure
or surprise results sometimes
in our youth we followed fantasy
incomplete descriptions, chaotic rhymes

carry me back to a world when
all that was, was future dreams
no present in our desire then
no volume in our screams
Take it Easy
Poemwriters: Jackson Browne, Glenn Frey


well I'm a-running down the road trying to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind
four that want to own me, two that want to stone me
one says she's a friend of mine

take it easy, take it easy
don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

well I'm a-standin' on the corner in winslow, arizona
with such a fine sight to see
it's a girl, my lord, in a flatbed ford
slowin' down to take a look at me

come on baby, don't say maybe
I've got to know if your sweet love is gonna save me
we may lose and we may win
but we will never be here again
open up I'm climbin' in to take it easy

well I'm a-running down the road trying to loosen my load
got a world of trouble on my mind
lookin' for a lover who won't blow my cover
she's just a little hard to find

take it easy, take it easy
don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
come on baby, don't say maybe
I've got to know if your sweet love is gonna save me

you know we got it easy
we oughta take it easy

No comments:

Post a Comment