Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wish I Was Sixteen - by Bob Atkinson


Wish I Was Sixteen
(c)2013 Bob Atkinson


now and then with frustration
seems more often now with age
a puzzle twists my brain in loops
a pretzel's form it retains

what's the answer here?
what's the way to follow?
wish I was sixteen again
back then I knew it all

now, I guess, I'm not so smart
I know the questions better
fields with which I'm not acquainted
expand with each summer's swelter

those scientific calculations
sums of numbers large
seeds of plant and animals
stars away so far

yes there wasn't anything
I didn't know when a teen
back then, you know, the questions
weren't even gleamed in dreams

this made the answers crystal clear
when detail not an issue
you reason simple thought processes
show contempt for those old people

No comments:

Post a Comment