Sunday, May 5, 2013

E.T. - by Bob Atkinson

E.T.
(c)2013 Bob Atkinson

twenty four hours in the day
gives adequate time for us to dream
while those who work disagree
on where and when we'll find E.T.

same discussion as in the past
same old feelings, frozen laughter
E.T.'s small, green and sappy
big brain, not too firmly built
muscles atrophied

talks to his friends by brain waves
simple gestures, fingers long, knobby made
here, in our current mental state
we don't see what's outside our gate

question remains simple to ask
is there life out there beyond our mask
can there, should there, will there be
someone more complicated than we

I look at these unanswered questions
who's the best to show us direction
who can tell what we are asking
what's the truth, please tell me brashly

only question now in my heart
only feelings in my centered part
here and now the important question
why am I not out in the sun basking

No comments:

Post a Comment