Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pride of Ages - by Bob Atkinson


Pride of Ages
(c)2013 Bob Atkinson
pride soars again in our
fine, fantastic country
heaven sees our follies
peeks out from seas of trouble

guides our gentle hands with love
toward freedom's guarantee
finds my skills of opposition
firm, with sharpened teeth

equal treatment of all who love
their fellow man and woman
sincerely gives us comfort
not senseless control of brothers

no. those guys who send
their friends to pain of losing limbs
don't control my destiny
as will pen them with my pigs

so watch your crafty thoughts
those callous things you do
because my power's grown to live
what I was meant to do

bringing us all to our knees
not possible in this era
my DNA is focused
on challenge of casting mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment