Sunday, July 7, 2013

Henry Wadsworth-Longfellow - by Bob Atkinson

Henry Wadsworth-Longfellow
(c)2013 Bob Atkinson

I do not know him personally
left the living before my time
this golden man of letters
who led all to read good lines

he studied oh so brilliantly
wisdom of those older ages
translated themes to our words
those well written action pages

to see a character leave so much
to those of future centuries that wander
bandages my wounds with written pages
soothes feelings about my expositions

I do not see myself as such
a brilliant kind of being
just add these words of my thoughts
to dreams of better seasons

this man who chose to teach the world
about their inner contemplations
led me as if a general
in a war of gallant phases

not a war of blood laid down
although have seen such things
a battle given for the thoughts
of people on life's stream

No comments:

Post a Comment