Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Scythians - by Bob Atkinson

Scythians
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson
"... in respect of the seasons and figure of body the Schythian race, like the Egyptian, have a uniformity of resemblance, different from all other nations;
they are by no means prolific, and the wild beasts which are indigenous there are small in size and few in number, for the country lies under the Northern Bears, and Rhiphaean mountains ..."
Hippocrates

comes 'round these tales of Hippocrates
as one of many documents for posterity
here we see those words jump out
tell us stories now documented with clout

feed me many trials of vision
how we see those long divisions
of our ancestors wild men gently
teasing senses toward clear mentality

let me know where I came from
let me feel those trials of men
let me find some roots within
my skin described in lost dead friends

tell me where I've gone in past
tell me fully how long I'll last
let me find my direction's path
a link in life's chain of progress

No comments:

Post a Comment