Friday, May 30, 2014

Cliché - by Bob Atkinson

Cliché
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson

ten thousand years of lovin'
have spilled into my heart
best work of Artists' sculpture
molded tears with eyes dissolved

into a vapor fog of such
enormous power to behold
those open wounds sending shards
pounding out from my sad soul

dive into a dream in vain
to find you once again
at the foot of my soft bed
reaching out to touch my head

your love for me has ended
affection gone, so far removed
as to twist my sense of being
into a coil of altered moods

here in the captured world
of pain which knows no bounds
I've let my dreams begin to die
never rising to rebound

cliché that senseless manner
of expression overdone
told of how a lesion grows
from pain of losing such a lover

that sense of discontent
when close to you I'm not
devolves in wishes when you leave
to anguished trance of awful thoughts

puts into a spin within
some vaporized desire
transforming love lost beyond to
smoke rising from
a crackling winter fire

No comments:

Post a Comment