Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pre-History - by Bob Atkinson

Pre-History
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson
numerical in some broadest sense
a life developed, drawn with pen
toward complex character of being
senses, smarts, reflexive dreaming

thrown into a capsule's form
to replicate via expanded range
taken to some broad extreme
form defies a simple meaning

how'd we get here, heaven knows
how'd we survive with nature's clothes
untold past many dreams of glory
implicated but not seen, or recorded

five thousand years of history
small chunk of time that seems to me
before must have been a shaker
not much remains of landed matrons

why?
yes the question rings into my ears
my whole being, I am sincere
where are those who went before
what are their stories, tell me more
how did they live
how did they die
how did they this world
occupy

what were their dreams
their wants and fears
how can we talk to them
this year

No comments:

Post a Comment