Friday, July 11, 2014

A Quality of Time - by Bob Atkinson

A Quality of Time
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson
send me into mind spin
as you take my imagination
toward a twisted gyration
without parachute's release

just flow with destiny to heaven
not trying to scrape sides to stop ascent
with fingers raw from pushing ever
toward that goal that ends in death

I'll just enjoy position
of my time here on this earth
that point which shows my vision
keeps me from scraping dirt

someday,
when my mirrors shows the past
will smile and say I tried to live
as if one not with feigned pride
all that could be done I did

with simple tools I had
all my friends found me to
give more than was allowed
not asking gratitude

'till then I'll spin my story
so some can with smiles so sweet
look back on this simple life and
imagine what it could have been

to live in times of trouble
when hurt was passed around
and flowed into our being
before it turned around

No comments:

Post a Comment