Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Regret - by Bob Atkinson

Regret
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson
find my heart bent on this quest
of showing you my discontent
have seen both good and not
trying hard to avoid fool's rot

regret when filled with wild desire
that burning in the heart, a fierce lit fire
regret that always chills me down
and lets my will come to the ground

so many links I give to you
trying to get through and see it useful
a quick change in attitude
contrasting good with no repute

regret sometimes fills my page
while burning out it gets my rage
yes, there are reasons to ignore
what we can't control by force

force feeds that loop of hate
denies each of us has roads to take
why should one decide upon
that path another rides out on

regret that freedom dies a death
from not feeding its respect
hope someday we'll accept
power requires dispersal's checks

the world we see as blue and white
a secret life we see as might
travel here and there to look
upon freedom gathered for our good

disperse that power to the brood
don't let it fester with those kooks
who see their selfish purpose in a light
which doesn't value human life

No comments:

Post a Comment