Sunday, October 26, 2014

Enemy of War - by Bob Atkinson

Enemy of War
(c)2014 Bob Atkinson

gentleness contents my soul
for I cannot hate
those who oppose my dreams
those who close my gate

I feel frustration blowing winds
which destroy what man has built
with such avarice as taught
by he who gathers sins

claiming divine right bestows
an imposition of good action
not mean nor callous can he be
in attitude or reaction

if not gentle in approach
these deeds of which I speak
can only free the devil's heart
with nastiness and greed

to those who see him not
as something to respect
just someone who cannot use
his humanity with good senses

I say with time we will progress
to something of proud nature
building dreams for each of us
as life, itself, professes greatness

No comments:

Post a Comment