Friday, January 30, 2015

Goodbye to All (a goodbye poem to Rod McKuen) - by Bob Atkinson

Goodbye to All
(a goodbye poem to Rod McKuen)

(c)2015 Bob Atkinson
goodbye to all who now remain
I've done a race which gave me pain
also, with some pure delight
it gave me gladness to die tonight

goodbye to those who could not come
will meet you someday on the run
from things you did there in the past
yes, you forever grabbed my ash

goodbye those who took the wine
and kissed all goodness there aside
bringing into focus all your vibes
of correctness in your stride
you kicked the can aside

goodbye to lovers of the past
gave to you my foolish pouts
didn't mean I locked you out
my role was that of circus clown 

goodbye to relatives of which was many
didn't ever ask a penny
you didn't give me much of time
didn't mix your lives with mine

goodbye to dreams of future grace
wasn't in my mournful race
I tried to do things that would last
but fell face flat there on the track

goodbye to those I never knew
perhaps they'll read my death review
yes, treat me kind in words of praise
though never read good words on page

goodbye to you who read my lips
they're not moving in love's quips
they never said much anyway
so you'll not notice I'm deranged

No comments:

Post a Comment