Monday, March 30, 2015

Other Peoples' Screams

Other Peoples' Screams
(c)2015 Bob Atkinson

don't believe in miracles
there on the great divide
trust, confidence and unity
are missing from my mind

if we wander over thoughtlessness
we'll never find that pass
which goes between steep mountainsides
and allows our souls to last

sweet dreams of indecision
wavering in my mind's back door
helps me understand decisions
of some open calloused cause

don't believe in strangling
some sweet thoughts here arranged
but I do find here in my circumstance
my selfishness uncaged

so I'll take these untried feelings
and dump them in the moat
which surrounds my heart's derision
of conquered dreams of hope

and in time I'll feel the feeling
of those way back memories
which gave me understanding
of the other peoples' screams

No comments:

Post a Comment