Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I Saw the Sky- by Bob Atkinson

I Saw the Sky
(c)2015 Bob Atkinson


I saw sky as something strange
a translation of our home
desires, wants, all frequented
by flights above life's moans

taking what we knew of things
translating them to machines
and entering that realm of dust
above our hurried scene

continuing dreams I'd had before
I held a proud resolve
to incorporate into my time
that "pilot" title proud

not deeply as a profession
but proof it could be done
with skill acquired faithfully
with study and bitten tongue

so down to the asphalt strip I went
to lay my plastic down
and find if I could make the grade
and fly that thing around

was in those three dimensions
found purpose in my dreams
if one could conquer demons
nothing could stop one's energy

most any goal supreme
lay within one's grasp I found
effort conquers lack of skill
if you concentrate profoundly

No comments:

Post a Comment