Monday, April 6, 2015

No Worries Hard as Mine - by Bob Atkinson

No Worries Hard as Mine
(c)2015 Bob Atkinson

send me off this tarmac
to that country of my birth
flying smoothly over desert
and cities of my youth

gave my soul to a way
of life designed to cull
those without good energy
from pleasures of it all

take me to an eagle's nest
to that home of open range
no worries in this monument
of my glory's growling rage

fought my way to the front
with sharpest teeth and claws
never seeing those who couldn't match
my efforts trip and fall

and now, while I'm still living
I feel the shame of simpler times
when my lack of gentled culture
couldn't payout one thin dime

take me to an eagle's nest
to that home of open range
no worries in this monument
of my glory's growling rage

I'll fight my way to satisfaction
as I've seen the others die
in simplistic deviation
no worries hard as mine

no worries hard as mine

No comments:

Post a Comment