Monday, July 6, 2015

Favorite Sin - by Bob Atkinson

Favorite Sin
(c)2015 Bob Atkinson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity

not so often do we dwell
on that we keep to ourselves
yet vanity derives such pleasure
must talk about it now

we push to borders that self view
extremes of limits few others knew
as we harp upon those properties
which keep us off train's rail

ego sets our world on fire
sometimes motivating desire
a necessary tool of trade
faulted mostly as over baked

to push self image toward limits
sells one's form, a purchase for pennies
independent castigation arises
credentials shrunk to mini-fire

a bulge in peopled soup
not veggie, meat, nor garlic goop
just something floating all around
good for some, but for some not sound

me, I love this thing of life
which allows me when alone to light
my fire of importance bright
where only I can see my plight

an important person asleep at night

No comments:

Post a Comment