Monday, October 19, 2015

Add to My Collection - by Bob Atkinson


Add to My Collection
(c)2015 Bob Atkinson

you say your religion's nice
does everything it should
keeps one on the straight and narrow
within good attitude

you say it answers questions old
and moves us toward a light
of ever lasting lovely life
even after death so bought with pride

you sure you've got this right
as we end our time on earth
reflecting on impropriety
seems you got that nailed good

you designate as crime
things open to discussion
while crimes of carnage expanded
separates your loved one's huggings

crimes of passion, crimes of lust
crimes of control of minds
seem more to me disoriented
from your camp so many times

to kill another in lustful ways
'tis truly not humane
a degenerated thought process
removes you to a cave

give me tenants of your laws
so I may add them to mine
except the ones which hurt and maim
I'll leave those all behind

No comments:

Post a Comment