Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sanity - by Bob Atkinson


(c)2016 Bob Atkinson


Sweet dreams delay reality
when said of distant thoughts
where can we find discussion
if all effort goes for naught

do we really invite lessons
learned when problems caught
without some real solution
if craziness gets lost

or do we sink into a mind
of emptiness displayed
while our lives become less meaningful
as if hidden from parade

do we really think we matter
in this nothingness of time
or will we enter into darkness
for punishment of crimes

where will we land when feet fall
onto some grounded earth
without which we sell our souls
for expense of silly mirth

well, if I had my choice of these
wicked sentences displayed
could I ever tell you truth
or would my ideas arrange

some sentimental charity
for those who know me not
even if I'm certified
by authority of god

or could this all be a dream
for which I'll soon awake
to spend some time pondering
while eating morning cake

what did I do to deserve
blessing or punishment I got
have not an idea of character
of those ingredients in my pot

'tis mixed for someone's amusement
am certain they don't care
one wit for my sanity
which never here appeared

No comments:

Post a Comment