Monday, July 11, 2016

Conflict - by - Bob Atkinson


(c)2016 Bob Atkinson
 

my body may stand different
my ideas quite far away
from your history of lineage
born from a different page

so words, to me, have meanings
which they don't to you
so we see with eyes of focus on
different shapes and hues

isn't here a bad thing
unless we choose to ignore
potential benefits of this
diversity on our score

for if we band together
we'll see much more of life
for range of vision's important
in conquering foils of trials

but, if we see ourselves unique
not needing those who don't
fit into a narrow pattern of
our daughters and our folks

conflict's bound to arise
hurting all we love
not thrilled with a prospect
which contains a fight for stuff

please see me in this attitude
don't need to fight you ever
your different way of viewing things
combines my salt with pepper

and that's not a bad thing
or something to lament
diversity of origin
means combination's best

so quit telling me your different
this, don't wish to know
only that you see me here
as friend, not stranger, foe

No comments:

Post a Comment