Friday, July 8, 2016

Intelligence - by - Bob Atkinson


Intelligence
(c)2016 Bob Atkinson

Intelligence has been defined in many different ways including one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, creativity and problem solving. It can be more generally described as the ability to perceive information, and retain it as knowledge to be applied towards adaptive behaviors within an environment.” Wikipedia

wonder if this definition
fits anyone I know
sure don't fit me
'tis not the way I go

my simple life's not complex
don't think a lot I know
just move from situation
toward non-lucid goals

so fixated on my space
I feel my world's on fire
nestled in a corner
of pure selfish desire

desire to fit a frame around
what I see in this parade
unaccustomed to charades
or mental quips of power made

emotion carries me through time
not such a complex thought
emotion's just re-arrangement
of fixed frames of thought

when something doesn't fit exact
emotion's what comes out
a revision of my worldly picture
deep within my thoughtless pouts

oh yes, intelligence stands nice
but this I do without
for you can't go back in time
to skills simply pick out

have to make due with our lot
and find where we do fit
while opening a page
upon which sometimes slips

slips out that we don't know a lot
told falsehoods in our lives
trained our minds with simple tools
through thousand years refined

like ritual hypnosis fools can use
to control our every whim
bowing down in unison
stops our brain from thinking

so people use us as tools
to get what they desire
that's why this world's in a fix
and sometimes ablaze, on fire

No comments:

Post a Comment