Saturday, August 6, 2016

Nom de Plume - by - Bob Atkinson

(c)2016 Bob Atkinson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quill


what’s in a name you ask
not important in this life
a simple handle to hold on
when signing off a gripe

or simply saying to someone
who we think we are
for here when I develop taste
I light my new cigar

sit back and peruse my mind
with openness of thought
something hard to do at end
of my daily cause

a nom de plume can help in these
worried fateful days
when nobody understands
how this world’s arranged

many in our sub-culture
have nicknames assigned to them
those who value tradition not
and play a different game

a game of beginning culture
where past has meaning not
so they can swim against a stream
of flowing decadent rot

me, here in my open time
will find a handle strong
which doesn’t keep me from remembering
where did I come from

what’s in a name you ask
not important in this life
a simple handle to hold on
when signing off a gripe

or simply saying to someone
who we think we are
for here when I develop taste
I light my new cigar

sit back and peruse my mind
with openness of thought
something hard to do at end
of my daily cause

a nom de plume can help in these
worried fateful days
when nobody understands
how this world’s arranged

many in our sub-culture
have nicknames assigned to them
those who value tradition not
and play a different game

a game of beginning culture
where past has meaning not
so they can swim against a stream
of flowing decadent rot

me, here in my open time
will find a handle strong
which doesn’t keep me from remembering
where did I come from

No comments:

Post a Comment