Tuesday, September 6, 2016

To Leave One's Home - by - Bob Atkinson


(c)2016 Bob Atkinson
http://www.bobatkinson-poet.com/2012/03/migrant-mother-by-bob-atkinson.html

short of total destruction
see not this as way to go
to leave one's culture in a moment
finds me so shocked, heartbroken

father's father did this
as did my mother too
left all they knew, came here
to start a life anew

must have been heartbroken
or concerned for safety there
for to leave one's home without return
carries with a greater dare

I know they did this for a cause
weren't easily persuaded
home threatened by some ********
who felt they owned right standings

for me ingrained in my DNA
a hate for hateful folks
who see their way supreme
and think of us as simple dopes

so when I see them preach their rot
I slink back and find them evil
for left or right's not a way
to advance sane cause of people

good people find their way in time
adjust well to a world of change
don't need simplistic jargon
to their lives arrange

No comments:

Post a Comment