Thursday, November 17, 2016

Doldrums - by - Bob Atkinson


Doldrums
(c)2016 Bob Atkinson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doldrums
seeing sends believing messages
directly to one's brain
yet when our off button's pushed
we're rarely aware of the lightest rain

enigmas of an early time
make me feel as if contrite
while doldrums send a message of
calm flashes of white light

as if a sailor on blue oceans
going south beyond equator
I feel as if my wind's becalmed of late
has taken to resting not gyrating

true, my energy of before
was like a whirlwind of haste
while those who followed me in step
ended in hospitals, exasperated

why these ideas perform
some mental images of late
seems thoughts while resting now
have old activities replaced

doldrums seem to me at this moment
a natural attitude of my body
while watching young with energy
I stand by this open gate yawning

not giving what I could before
in any meaningful way
just think I've done all that they do
that's all I have to say

no comment on their performance
I've had my time to shine
they need to realize this life
is a compound of yours and mine

No comments:

Post a Comment